Saturday, October 17, 2015

Should I keep my truck or buy a different car?


I'm 17 and I just got my first truck. It's a 1995 Ford F150 4WD (5.0 V8). It's sitting in the garage right now because I can't afford to register, insure, and fix it (it needs quite a bit of work). I didn't buy it. My dad gave it to me. I absolutely love this truck but, I think it'll use too much gas. I had my grandfather's truck for a few days and I think it got pretty decent mileage (Ford Ranger) but, I did have a lot of things to do and places to go (so I had to put gas in it a couple times). I feel like if I were to get rid of the truck and get something else but, I feel like I'd regret it. What should I do? The 4WD is nice for the winter. I really love my truck but, I feel like it'll use too much gas. I've been thinking about selling the truck (and saving up more money) and getting something more fuel efficient. Maybe like an AWD sedan. I plan on going far away to college and I'll need something with better gas mileage. What should I do?
Added (1). I will NEVER make payments on any vehicle.
Added (2). I'm friends with one of the previous owners and he said if I want to sell, he might be interested.

Read more: Should I keep my truck or buy a different car?