Saturday, November 15, 2014

1991 Ford F150 5.0L (302ci) 5 speed 2 wheel drive?

I have a 1991 Ford F-150 5.0 9 (302ci) 5 speed, 2 wheel drive. Im having absurdly bad gas mileage for some reason. Since owning the truck I have replaced the clutch, slave cylinder, radiator (oversized to prevent over heating), timing chain, water pump, plug wires, distributor, entire exhaust system (put headers no Y pipe, the sides are separate), regular maintenance obviously, plus a TON of things I'm forgetting… I've owned the truck for almost 15 years and I am also wondering what could possibly be the problem for the bad gas mileage. It seems as if maybe the o2 sensor would sense that it is running lean since theres only one and the sides of the motor are separate. I've looked into it and theres no way to add another o2 sensor. Please any and all help is appreciated I've spent alot of time and money on this truck and I don't want to get rid of it. Thanks!

Read more: 1991 Ford F150 5.0L (302ci) 5 speed 2 wheel drive?