Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Any recommendations on fi bl 18 box? Preferably 30-32 hz?

Recently built a box to the specs that I was told were good by this guy who we all thought was a real basshead but really was just a goon who thought he knew what he was doing and built me a box that sounds like 100% *** and doesn't even sound like bass it sounds more like noise inside the car. It's probably the most annoying noise I've ever heard so I took the top piece off the check his work inside and everything was actually sealed properly, I just think he ****** up the port size and the box size. I gave him a sheet of 1" mdf to use. Not that Im a pro when it comes to the 18's but Jesus Christ. No one around here that I've came in touch with is an actual basshead it's all fag with their 2 10" kickers. Like I wanna be loud, I wanna be heard and most importantly I just wanna learn how to do all this **** myself. I can wire up everything myself I'm just not getting luck with the 18" box. Shits tricky but In reality I'm sure it's not. My amps an aq2200, I got an xs battery, soon to have a HO alternator. If your gonna hate on this post and call me a noob for not knowing how to build a box for my 18 then gtfo and don't waste your time. I drive a Ford explorer and I'm willing to remove back seats for extra room if needed. Just need some specs. I have 2 6" plastic ports sitting in my room that are not long at all but I have a pvc pipe that'll give me plenty enough length. I don't prefer that, just saying it's an option but Ill take vented boxes all day. Please make me loud.

Read more: Any recommendations on fi bl 18 box? Preferably 30-32 hz?