Monday, February 23, 2015

Ford Focus 2006 - 2011 Low Fuel Economy Problem (Misfire)?

Hello Mechanics of the World,

I have recently bought an 06 Ford Focus Sport which had a slight misfire when I bought it but was doing roughly 40mpg, then I found oil on the spark plugs so I replaced the rocker cover gasket. I drove it until I could get new ignition parts and the engine management light came on and the misfire became a lot worse, the engine was shaking.

I then proceeded to replace the spark plugs (BOSCH), HT Leads (CAMBIARE) and placed a new coil pack (BOSCH). I did these individually and the misfire went after the coil pack was placed on. After driving it for 20 miles the car was misfire a tiny bit not as much as before but now the engine management light was flashing and when placed on diagnostics threw up P0302 which is a misfire in cylinder 2.

The car is now doing 20MPG. Can anyone help?

Read more: Ford Focus 2006 - 2011 Low Fuel Economy Problem (Misfire)?