Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My mustang is starting to drive weird. Do these issues relate?


I have a 2013 ford mustang 3.7L v6 with performance package. I am noticing a lot of things with the car. My first issue is when I accelerate from a complete stop or rolling stop I hear a thump that sounds like its under my feet. Sometimes its louder than others. Second when I accelerate hard at around 3k rpm I hear a ticking noise that sounds like its from the front. Also sometimes I hear that when accelerating from a stop while turning right I hear that the engine revs to 3k before actually accelerating. When I accelerate hard I smell a sulfur smell from exhaust. When braking it seems I have to push the pedal half way to get it to start to slow down. When I hit a pothole I sometimes hear a squeak. And sometimes when braking hard my steering wheel turns a tad but not majorly. The car has had a faulty control arm in the past, as well as a pinion seal leak at the rear. The steering wheel seems to be crooked when cruising at around 80 bit not by much. Do any of these issues relate to one problem? Would they affect the cars performance?

Read more: My mustang is starting to drive weird. Do these issues relate?