Saturday, August 15, 2015

Am i supposed to drain the hot water heater before pumping antifreeze through my rv?


i own a 1986 ford e350 jamboree motorhome/rv. I pumped the rv antifreeze through the plumbing system until it came out of the faucets and toilet. I didn't drain the hot water heater first. I was reading about this and it said to drain the hot water heater before pumping the antifreeze through the system. It looked like the antifreeze came out of the faucets when i opened them so i was wondering did i do this right or do i have to go do it again. The hot water heater is drained now but i didn't drain it until i was done. I was wondering if i should leave the water lines with pressure in them or do i open them up

Read more: Am i supposed to drain the hot water heater before pumping antifreeze through my rv?