Friday, September 4, 2015

What legal actions can I take?


I purchased a used truck a little over 2 months ago. It had a 30 day 50/50 parts and labor warranty on it. After 5 days I found out it needed the engine to be replaced. I took it back and after 5 weeks I finally got it back. I paid over $2k for my half of a remanufactured motor that is under warranty. While driving it home the transmission light comes on. I make an appointment with ford to have it looked at, but before I can get it to them, the truck just stalls out on me while crossing an intersection. I take it back to the lot again and they have it for a week and said there was a loose ground wire and that's all they could find. While driving home once again it dies on me again a split second before I am about to pull onto the highway. It started back up and died on me once more while going back to the car lot. It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't heard a word. I was told warranty papers for the motor would be sent to me, and all I received was info from an engine rebuilding company that was printed up straight from their website. Is there any legal action that I can take to get my money back for cost of truck and repairs (that can't be verified)? I live in Va. Any input would be much appreciated.
Added (1). I failed to mention that in over two months period of time, I have had the truck for less than 2 weeks in my possession.

Read more: What legal actions can I take?