Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Made an appt for recall on car, in March. Is this normal?


I just got a car. Did the usual play around with the bells and whistles, looked at the online site, blah blah blah. I found that there s two recalls on my car, that were issued in August. So I waited till Monday, called the dealership and they made my appt… For three months from then. Their reason? So the parts would be in (I live in Hawaii). I asked if they could move earlier, and they said "that date looks nice and comfortable for my car" (their words nearly exactly).
Now, I got the Ford focus. I know my year had transmission issues. I have a very mild shudder on some starts, but that s it. The recall addresses this, and I told the lady that I felt like my car had at least one of the uses they re fixing. Is it normal to make me wait 3 months? What happens if something happens in those three months?

Read more: Made an appt for recall on car, in March. Is this normal?