Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Is this VW Jetta worth saving?

I have a 2006 VW Jetta. I had some issues with it and issues with a mechanic that worked on it. The car seemed to be fine and then the newly replaced oil filter had a cut in it and oil gushed out- mechanic said it happened in his garage "probably" and replaced the filter. Never going back. The car hasn't been right since. Now a big fan makes noise. Took it to two places (during a super hot day) because check engine light came on then disappeared. Each place ran a diagnosis that sad fan relay issues. Currently AC still works but big fan sounds like a jet landing. I'm unsure of cost. The problem is the car has a small rear main seal leak, and now this. Money is something I don't have flowing for repairs. If I managed to scrounge enough money to fix the fan, at least, is the car still worth the save.
I learned my (hearts desire) lesson on Euro cars. What would be a better car on cost, Ford Focus possibly?

Read more: Is this VW Jetta worth saving?