Saturday, October 24, 2015

I never received the title of my car?


I'm trying to trade in my current vehicle for a new ford fusion but alas NO TITLE. I only have the registration for the tags and plates, which are in my name.

I've had multiple other dealers run the VIN for this vehicle through Carfax and didn't mention any active lien or anything like that.

What I'm scared of is there might be a lien on the title of the car I want to trade in.

I've already put the car I want on layaway and paid the necessary fees. I don't want to back out of this deal.

The old car was given to me as default for a deal gone sour with a dealer about 2 years ago who spot delivered me a car that they couldn't get me financed for. When I had to return the vehicle, they had already demolished my old car. Thus they gave me the car I am trying to trade in now.

Problem is the car dealer basically said i could have it for $1500. I said fine whatever i was exhausted and had a fulltime job to drive too. Which I made only two payments on, then magically they stopped. The payments were automatic.

I tried to call the dealer, no answer. They never called me when the payments stopped (a little over 9 months ago now) and my phone number has remained the same. No calls. No emails. No repossession notice. No anything.

So I think the dealer who took $3500 from me let me go.

I no longer have contact with that dealership and it has all but dropped of the face of the earth, if there is a lien on the title, how can I get it removed?

Read more: I never received the title of my car?