Saturday, October 17, 2015

Why is Ford -150 a redneck vehicle in Western Canada?


I am a Fresh off Boat here. I watched a lot of movies when I was in Asia as a teen. So I always wanna a pickup instead. But why when I go to the car dealership. Two car salesmen told me almost identical. They seemed to be trouble that I wished to buy a Ford pickup. I told them it's safer and I love fishing and outdoor. One car salesman told me I need a Mercedes or BMW. Another one asked me why I need an old redneck truck? I have to google it. It means "poor white man". Another guy told me they have never seen an Asian male like myself drives a 90s Ford F-150. "dont you care about your images?" I felt offended. Why car salesmen think they knew me better after 5 mins?
Added (1). I read F-150 has the highest review and best selling pickup. Is that super weird for an Asian to buy a pickup? Why people think this is for rednecks only? That's just mind blowing. I know a lot of Asians sure drive a German car. But they are useless in my part of Canada. Cant do anything during the snow or tow stuff.

Read more: Why is Ford -150 a redneck vehicle in Western Canada?