Saturday, November 14, 2015

Are 1949 Chrysler Crown Imperials good cars?


I want to buy an old car where I live and an old man is selling one. It comes stock and it does not have the original seats. The engine is stock as well. It looks fairly in good shape except for a few rust spots(no rust holes). I was wondering if it was a good car to have? I don't know if it starts. I'm not looking to restore it but I could when I get a little money. I was planning on trading a non-running but could be fixed to run 1994 Ford Pickup, a Yamaha 4-wheeler(don't know the year) and a 1919 Ford model T engine for it. Will this be enough to buy it? Is it worth it or am I biting off more than I can chew. BTW, it's my first car if I get it. I love old cars and I want one(1900's to 1950's mostly) or could there be an alternative cheaper old car that some of you guys may have?(1900's-1950's?)

Read more: Are 1949 Chrysler Crown Imperials good cars?