Sunday, November 22, 2015

Can I lie to my Car Insurance company?


So day I was being a dumbass and tried to drift on an icy road in my FWD 2003 Ford Taurus. I ended up spinning 360 into a snow bank and hitting my right rear tire on it, bending it in toward the car. It is drive-able but likely totaled. When I file for a quote on my car, can I say that my car broke traction, under-steered, then ran into the curb on the right side when It tried to turn right?
Added (1). Also, will my insurance rates go up a lot (could you give me an estimate, because I'm quite sure they will go up regardless) since I was the only vehicle involved, nobody was injured, and no property was damaged?

I was told by my cousin that there's probably 10 things along with suspension issues wrong with my car at this point.
Added (2). But nobody would know is the thing… It really does just look like I slammed into the side of the curb while out of control, which is exactly what happened. The only difference is that I was being a dumbass rather than what I would say to the insurance company which is that I under-steered while turning onto the road and then couldn't regain traction when swerving to the right. Am I wrong for thinking I'm clever? Will there really be a full-fledged investigation on such a matter?

Read more: Can I lie to my Car Insurance company?