Monday, March 16, 2015

How to check EVAP Canister/hose on Ford Ranger?

I have the 'check engine' light on, I went to get it checked and they gave me the code- P0457 EVAP small leak detected. ECM has detected a large leak in the EVAP System during a system monitor test. Probable cause- defective, loose or missing gas cap. - EVAP canister broke, hose cracked or not connected. Purge or vent solenoid defective- Vacuum leak at engine. I notice a fuel odor when the truck is on and the gas mileage / MPG. Is lower then average. If I drive 45 Minutes down the freeway, the gas odometer goes down like if the gas tank had a leak. Is there some way to check the Evap Canister/hose or the Vent solenoid? Where is it located? Is it expensive to fix?
I tried to find it on Google but couldn't a accurate diagram…
2002 Ford Ranger XLT

Read more: How to check EVAP Canister/hose on Ford Ranger?