Sunday, March 15, 2015

New Exedy clutch kit sound?

Hi all. I have a brand new Ford Mustang boss 302. OEM clutch was sloppy so I had an exedy stage 1 organic clutch + pressure plate and aluminum flywheel put in. Also, changed bearings as we'll.

Went great for a while no noise issues.

I ran it on the highway for to 120mph, but didn't do high rpm shifts. Did around 100 mi of city driving break in. Didn't beat on it.

Now at startup, there's a sound (sounds like a metallic disc spinning) that lasts for like 20 seconds then finally quiets down. What could have gone wrong? What's this sound and where is it coming from?

I changed everything necessary, as mentioned (bearings, etc). No sound at startup. And as I've said it went well before the highway drive.

What could have been the culprit of this new sound?

Thanks.

Read more: New Exedy clutch kit sound?