Thursday, March 19, 2015

What kind of SPRAY paint should I buy to paint my CAR?

Okay, so I'm a dumb 17 year old kid with a car. The car I'm driving is a hand me down because my mom got a new car. The car I;m driving is a 2001 Ford Escape XLT V6 with over 200,000 miles on it and it has a list of problems due to poor maintenance. If I'm lucky, I'll get another 25,000 miles out of it before the Transmission goes. So why not have a little fun with it? I want to repaint the car, but not spend a whole **** load of cash doing it because the car isn't worth it to spend a lot of money which is why I'm looking into spray painting it. I'm obsessed with zombies, so I want to kinda make a zombie mobile. I want to paint it Flat black (maybe some flat gray in some areas), two red stripes going from the front to the back, red blood splatters and blood hand prints, Bio Hazard decals, and maybe I'll paint the rims for shits and giggles. I live in FL so it gets pretty hot and humid. This weekend I don't it's supposed to rain though. So I have a few questions about using SPRAY PAINT to paint my CAR?
-Can it be done without completely ruining the car? If so, How?
-What brand of paint should I use? Rust-Oleum?
-Should I sand the car? If so, how far? Down to the metal or just to get the clear coat off?
- How many cans will it take to paint the whole car?
-Should I prime it with Rust-Oleum auto spray paint?
-How do you spray paint a car flat black?
-Can someone give me a step by step process on how to SPRAY paint the car? Lol Please and thank you!

Read more: What kind of SPRAY paint should I buy to paint my CAR?