Monday, March 23, 2015

What's a good small SUV for tall driver?

I am considering a small SUV and need something with leg and foot room. Being 6'3" tall with size 15 feet these are real issues. I have modified seat mounts to get needed leg room but I can't do much to gain room formy big feet, especially when wearing winter boots. I have driven a Toyota RAV-4 and the driver's ergonomics were too tight for me. Would a Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Nissan Xterra be a better choice? Maybe something from another manufacturer? Chrysler minivans have served my purposes quite well but something with more ground clearance would be better. My needs include comfort, fuel economy, traction in snow and mud, clearance, cargo space and able to tow a lightweight boat or snowmobile trailer.

Read more: What's a good small SUV for tall driver?