Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ford Explorer stalling when idling/braking, and ABS light turns on frequently?


I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. A few weeks ago, it stalled out of nowhere when sitting at a stoplight. I was able to put it in park, turn it off, then restart it. No issues again until last night, when the same thing happened while sitting in horrible traffic where I was consistently idling or hitting the brakes for about 5-10 minutes straight at that point. Again, I was able to restart it and make it to my destination through the rest of traffic. Also, whenever I make a sudden acceleration, the ABS light comes on. It s off the next time I turn on my car. Any ideas on the issue? Is this safe to drive for a brief period of time until I can get it fixed?

Read more: Ford Explorer stalling when idling/braking, and ABS light turns on frequently?