Friday, August 21, 2015

I just started my first job as a technician at a dealership and I feel like they don t take me seriously?


My auto tech college told me the for dealership near the parts store I work at was possibly looking for entry level techs so I went and applied and got the job. Ive been there around 3 weeks now I expected to start at the bottom of the later with oil changes and tire rotations but i don t get any jobs of my own what so ever. All the other technicians are master techs and none of them seem to know why I m there They all thought I was doing some kind of job shadowing program but I was hired under the impression I was going to be an entry level tech. The uniform guy told me he was going to order my uniform a week ago but today he said that my service manager told him not to because Im a temp or an intern or something but no one ever said anything like that to me when I was hired. I never get my own jobs and I get paid hourly. Once in a while someone will ask for my help or let me do one of there oil changes. Other then that I just watch everyone else work on stuff. I take out upon my self to clean the shop and sweep up oil dry but no one ever tells me to. The newest guy there besides me told me about the online ford training classes that they enrolled him in shortly after he started but when I asked my service manager about them he acted weird about it and told me that might come later on down the road. Some might think it would be nice to get paid to do nothing but I just feel miserable and useless. I wanna show them what Im capable of but they don t give me any chances

Read more: I just started my first job as a technician at a dealership and I feel like they don t take me seriously?