Monday, November 17, 2014

Why does everybody hate American cars?

I'm a 16 year ol guy and I want to buy my first car. I want a full size pickup or SUV with 4WD for the deep snow. I've asked a few questions like that. I love Ford. I'll ask a question like "Should I get a Lincoln Navigator or Ford F150 for my first car?" and people come back with these really small cars like Civics and Corollas. I will specifically say the reasons I'd rather drive a truck (higher ride height, I fit in it better, they are better in deep snow). There is nothing wrong with Honda and Toyota. I like them just fine. I just want a Ford Truck. Why does everybody say Ford is junk? I know a lot of people who drive Ford and they have not had a single problem. I'll admit small cars get better gas mileage but, where am I going that I should have a car that gets 45+ mpg? I know people with Chevys, Fords, Chryslers, Hondas, and Toyotas. None of the people I know have never had a single problem (other than wear & tear and routine maintainence). Why do people hate American cars so much?
Added (1). Cars like the Ford Focus, C-Max Hybrid, and Fiesta all get over 30 highway.

Read more: Why does everybody hate American cars?